Monday, August 3, 2009

Update

Worked on mockups for the host application. I uploaded files to the Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/owasprepgen. I still need to flesh out some of the screens, and add a scripting engine (if such a thing exists in Mono)

Checked out GTK# controls - I think TreeView and GTK.HTML will do a lot for us. I think we're on our own to develop a ReportViewer/Editor. I think it makes sense to get a viewer working and for the 2.5 version implement an ad-hoc editor. Since the first couple of providers are coming from the ORG team, we can backlog the editor. I do see an opening for a serious report creation/editing tool since I had a hard time finding any myself. We can probably leverage the HTML control for a bit, but that is not a good solution for printed reports.

Also, looking into output components - ODF? OOXML? XML/XSLT? PDF? I need something for printing.

Maybe a port from System.Windows on Windows to Mono would work? I'll have to prototype something.

No comments:

Post a Comment